Monday, May 08, 2006

Birthday, Dogs and Garage Sales

It was Leah’s Birthday on the 5th so I baked a cake. I was pretty proud of myself seeing that I’m not that skilled in that craft. It was a pink cherry chip cake (you know the kind that’s really easy to make from the box) with pink whip cream icing and pretty pastel sprinkles. It was delicious! We didn’t have enough candles (24) because the ol’ girl is 27 this year ;)

I’ve been bugging Brodie for a garden hoe this past week. So we headed out to check out some garage/yard sales. We went for what seemed like FOREVER and still nothing…I can’t believe some of the JUNK people try to sell! We were also on the look out for a wheel barrel and didn’t find that either (mind you I think we were a little late. I spied one jammed in the trunk of a car, barley hanging on!) Well we did end up finding a hoe; I guess this story has a happy ending.

This jam packed day ended taking us to the SPCA garage sale and of course the trip wouldn’t be complete without a trip into the dog kennel. We’ve have been talking about getting a dog for a very long time….even before Carson. Well I think we may have found her, they said she was a hound mix? I don’t see it, she is as cute as can be…very quiet and gentle and to top it off she is not that tall. A good size dog for what we want. I have the adoption request filled out and we go over to the kennels tomorrow…..fingers crossed, I hope all goes well.

Have you ever heard about those parents who have to drive their kids around to get them to sleep? Well we are officially one of “those” parents. Yep, sweet Carson was a little cranky on Saturday and wouldn’t stop crying and go to sleep! So we packed him up, strapped him in and began to drive! We weren’t sure where at first but decided Sicamous would do. So an hour later we drove to Sicamous and back….Carson NOT asleep, but at least the screaming stopped…all this took place at 9:30pm!

Nothing is more fun than going out and pickn’ rocks! That’s exactly what Brodie and I did this weekend (and Carson of course) we drove to the other side of the lake and picked as many rocks as we could. You see we are making a fire pit in the backyard… around these parts a fire pit is allowed! We were going to go with some preformed concrete bricks but chose not to at the last minute. Getting out together, picking up a Timmies coffee on the road, and picking rocks were so much better than being stuck inside a hardware store.

We let Carson feed himself today……this can’t be good.

He also likes the vacuum…. my little helper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Carson is taking after his dad when it comes to sleeping habits - or should I say the lack of - LOL. I remember when Brodie had to be taken for a car ride in order to get him to fall asleep - many, many times. And when he did finally fall asleep - he would only sleep until about 5:00 a.m. - was a very, very early -"early bird" - got into a lot of mischief as well - in the early mornings when he was between 1 - 5 years old. Love ma