Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Adams River Salmon Run

The day was gorgeous when we set out with Char to meet up with Ma & Pa at the Adams River. Did I mention Char has her license? **Here are some underwater shots of the fish**We got at the river just after 10am Sunday morning and can I say packed! WOW the parking lot was full to the brim with cars, vans, trucks, and buses....tour buses FULL of people. Who would have guessed so many people would come to see salmon swimming up a river to spawn and then die? Hey we went..LOL!

We'd thought of bringing Hutch but when we were walking along the rivershore it was a good thing that we didn't because the shore was teaming with dead fish..hmmmmm stinky wet fishy-dog in the back seat of our civic....hmmmm NOT!

I've never actually seen so many fish in a river before I was experimenting alot with my cameras, especially our digital since it's waterproof I took some neat underwater shots of the fish. Carson had alot of fun too he was "treasure" hunting, finding rocks and sticks to stash in his pockets. What a great little boy he was, he sure enjoys the outdoors and is so fascinated with the trees, grass,rocks, river, and especially the dirt.
What a wonderful day....2 hours later we were off to Kamloops for a turkey dinner:)

7 comments:

christina said...

wow you got some great shots in there. sooo cool that your digi camera is water proof. wish the canon rebel was LOL. that pic of Carson is adorable LOL.

Liway said...

Wow...great underwater shots. I thought it was bizarre that all those people were there too - especially the tour buses!! LOL!!! I know why we missed each other - we didn't go until the late afternoon! The traffic was STILL crazy though!!!! Great pics!

Donna C said...

Great photos Andrea , especially the underwater ones ! Maybe some day I will get to see this salmon run ! Carson is getting so big and such a cutey !

Anonymous said...

The underwater photos is great Andrea, also the photo of Carson is too cute.

Neen and Mike said...

Hee hee I've seen this on TV but its so cool to hear it 'from the real world'. Thanks for stopping past my blog... ps theres nothing wrong with being a blog stalker :)

Kristy said...

WOW! Andrea, gosh that makes me miss the PNW!!

Great pictures~

Anonymous said...

My digital is a pentax optio waterproof. I love it for quick snapshots.