Thursday, July 13, 2006

~ My Thoughts~

Here is another page for my BOM(Book of Me).

Carson's 1st birthday is just around the corner. I thought it would be fitting to create a page on how I felt when I was pregnant with him.

So here it is:

Journaling reads:

This photo was taken a couple days after I found out I was expecting. I was pooling with emotions and an uneasy feeling overcame me. When most people would have been jumping around excited and wanting to shout it out to the world, I just wanted to hide under the nearest rock. I was alone in how I felt; Brodie was very excited and didn’t understand how I was feeling. When I was sad he would perceive that as I didn’t want to be pregnant.

In reality I was AFRAID, how would I measure up as a mother? Would I meet my own expectations I put upon myself? I worried about the obvious; how is the labour going to go? Or will I really be capable of looking after a tiny fragile baby? Then I thought about the future, when he grows up am I going to be able to instill in him the importance of being a responsible individual. I wished for him to RESPECT and LOVE himself as well as others, to take PRIDE in everything around him. What about VALUES, Could I to teach him the value of a dollar, as cliché as that sounded it was on my list.

It took me nine months to accept the fact that I was going give life to someone who’s going to be born whole and free – and realized it’s up to US as a FAMILY

to shape him into the man he will be,

not just me –


I’M NOT ALONE.
Like it has been said ; it takes a village to raise a child.

6 comments:

christina said...

beautiful page and the journaling is so heartfelt. it gave me chills reading it.

Liway said...

This is just awesome Andrea!!! I LOVE what you did with the MOD papers!!! Great choice!!! Another stunning layout!!! ....WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable how you do this! Your work is incredible as is your beautiful, heartfelt journalling. This is just awesome. I hope you submit it! I think it is THAT good!

Patti

Anonymous said...

i started to cry reading your journal - how beautiful... and true

Donna C said...

Wondeful lo Andrea and so emotional ! I am so in awe of how you put such feelings down on paper and create such wonderful Los . Submit !

Anonymous said...

Well done Andrea! I am so honoured to be a part of the "village" that raises your precious son. P.S. - you are a wonderful mom and I am proud of you!
Love ma